Wow! What an amazing day! Where to start is the question..... First I will start by talking about our anniversary weekend. We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this weekend with a quick weekend getaway :) I had to work the weekend before our actual anniversary so we waited and celebrated this weekend. Colby planned it all and every step of the weekend was a surprise. We had an excellent time and were able to just hang out together without any distractions and enjoy new experiences together. We left Saturday at noon and ate at the Old Spagetti Factory in Louisville. From there we headed to our hotel to check in. We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in Indiana on the Ohio River. For the afternoon we just hung out and went swimming at the hotel. For Saturday night, Colby had made dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for 9pm. It was so awesome because when we got there the sun was starting to set. On Sunday we ate at Denny's for brunch and then headed to the Louisville Slugger Museum (a place neither of us has ever been). Then we sat on a park bench on the Ohio River and enjoyed the Sunday afternoon breeze. The Belle of Louisville just happened to be coming down the river and turned in front of us and headed back up the river. I, of course, got tons of pics. We went to Derby Dinner Playhouse for the evening to see the show Ring of Fire. Again, we both had never been there. The food was good and the show was great! We got home around 10:30 Sunday night. We enjoyed our small weekend getaway!!!
So flash forward to today......I was at home today. As many of you know, I had been reading the book A Woman After God's Own Heart. I finally finished today and it was an amazing book. This book has definitely challenged me to prioritize my life and organize my life as to be an effective follower of Christ and effective helper to my husband! There is much more to this book than that but the priorities are to be as follows when prioritizing your day: #1 God, #2 Your Husband, #3 Your Children, #4 Your Home, #5 Your Spiritual Growth, #6 Your Ministry Activities, #7 other activities. Having this outline to plan my day by has really helped. In the morning you can sit down and write out your plan for the day by putting each thing in the appropriate slot. In each category you ask the question: What can I do for ______ today? Example: What can I do for my husband today?...... I HIGHLY recommend this book to any woman that is struggling to find out the purpose of her life as a child of God and as a wife if you are married.
So now I will move on to the next book I am about to start reading. Our church has discipleship classes on Wednesday night and has classes that are taught based on various books. I am so excited to read this book. It is called: The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. I got the book tonight and read the first two chapters. Wow! If only I had read these two books right before or shortly after getting married. These two books would have been very beneficial in helping with my walk with Christ as well as being a godly wife to my husband. But I am a firm believer that now is never to late to start. So here I am. The author in the book asks some very hard questions: Am I doing the good works God intended for me? I am very excited to see what else the book holds. I am ready for this journey! I am excited to see God working around me. I am excited to see prayers answered. That is all for tonight. There is so much awesome info in this book I would like to share but I just can't narrow it down right now.....maybe b/c it's late. Anyway, I plan on posting more about this book and another book I will be reading for a different class that I am taking with the deacon wives at our church. I will leave you with some pics from this weekend.
Saturday Night Dinner
in front of us and headed back up the River.
Have a Blessed Week! Julie :)
Sounds like you had a great time! Love the pics!
ReplyDelete