Well, today is our 7th wedding anniversary! I don't feel nearly old enough to be able to say that but I feel very blessed to be able to say that as well. I am truely blessed with a wonderful godly husband. He is my best friend, encourager, listener, and shoulder to cry on. It has been a wonderful day. We went out to eat with my mother-in-law to Smokey Bones which was very yummy. I have a few pics but will post those later since they were taken with my husband's phone and I have to figure out how to get them on here. We will further celebrate our anniversary this coming weekend since I had to work this past weekend. I'm super excited because Colby has planned this and has not told me what we are doing yet! Well now I will continue on about what I have learned recently in my quiet time with God.
Today as I sat down to do my devotion and quiet time, I was very burdened about some friends I have been praying for! It seems as though I pray and I know that prayer is the most powerful thing I can do but my human nature takes over and satan begins to put doubts in my head. Doubts that fill my thoughts such as just give up praying because it's too late now and this will never work out for the good. But it seems as though when I am lacking the faith that God is there and that He hears my every prayer and already knows the plan, God reminds me very blatantly to have faith in Him because He does know the future and the plans He has for us and so I must remain strong and keeping praying diligently for my prayers are heard by the Lord and he will answer those prayers according to His will in His perfect timing. Today was one of those days that God used my quiet time with Him to remind of these such things.
The author of the devotional passage I was reading today was discussing how she had been praying for some friends that had walked away from God and lost there faith for some time. She was discussing how no matter how far away from God someone seems to be, God will use something, whether it be a person, a song, or a situation to draw them back to Him. She said she was reminded of the passage...Nothing is impossible with God. (Luke 1:37) The Lord will use all types of situations to lead a person back to Him. She continued with the passages....Follow me...My yoke is easy and My burden is light....I am the way the truth and the life...(Luke 5:27, Matthew 11:30, John 14:6). And so when I was done reading this devotional passage for the day, I realized that God had just given me a little punched to the shoulder so to speak and taught me for the day that I must have faith and continue to be committed and pray. He taught me today that He is in control and He already knows the outcome and will use any circumstance to work things according to His will. My job is to not worry but to trust the Lord and shut out the doubt that satan is using to continue to control this situation. I finished this quiet time today with renewed hope and faith in God. How Amazing!!!!! I thanked God today for sending messages like this to me in the perfect time that it is needed. It is in those times I am reminded that there is a God, He hears our prayers and answers them according to His will and is there in times when encouragement is needed in our lives!!!! I will continue to pray without ceasing! ( 1Thessalonians 5:16-18) The following is also another favorite verse of mine: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
Have a Blessed Week,
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment